Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Random Blog Topic Generator

This post is fresh off of the random blog topic generator (RBTG). The RBTG generates all sorts of random unrelated topics and compiles them into one blog post. Today's topics are as follows:

First, I said I was going to finish the Eurostar quest, I lied. I actually had every intention of finishing but I got distracted (not hard to do) by the Amazing Web Race (AWR). Sorry guys.

Second, I am now on riddle 10 of the AWR. Something about a phone number, German, and, scramble.

Next, I was reading GoogleBlogoscoped and ran across this post. I spent the next 5 minutes trying to figure out why digital TV channels aren't organized by topic. For instance, why is ESPN 2 on channel 51 while ESPN 1 is on channel 39, and what about VH1, MTV, the History channel and the International History channel. Thankfully I don't watch TV very often otherwise that might have bothered me.

For Developers if you haven't looked into Ruby on Rails, you need too. Likewise you should check out jQuery, as it's also a pretty slick javascript library.

For more puzzles, I am thinking about doing the WPC practice test just for the sake of doing it. I may also look into the Windows Live Conspiracy game. Additionaly, I'll continue to solve Wei-Hwa's puzzles as he releases them.

If the RBTG didn't generate a topic you wanted to see, I've been told that seeding the generator in the comments might help.

Get all of the MSN Conspiracy Game Answers here

7 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 6:01 PM, Blogger MRoninS said...

I'll have to tell my fiance about the ruby on rails program, since he is a web designer.. We plan to purchase the da vinci code playstation game today, anyone try it yet?

I also didn't have the time to finish the euro quest, I wish I could say it was because of the AWR but it was because I didn't feel well !

As for TV, well we don't have tv! I have noticed though, that it is hard to look through listings, especially cable with all the choices.

I hope all is well for you GF and anyone who is a finalist or winner in the ESQ, congrats!

GF please let me know how you do on the practice test. I still have to catch up on the AWR!
MR

 
At 5/30/2006 7:45 PM, Blogger Jer said...

Care to post answers for those stuck on the AWR?

 
At 6/01/2006 1:20 AM, Blogger MRoninS said...

I think GF has hints on one of these blogs yes but not hard answers.

MR

 
At 6/01/2006 9:30 AM, Blogger aesaxy said...

Has anyone tried the WPC practice test?

 
At 6/01/2006 11:40 AM, Blogger hmikki said...

AWR - I am stuck at 5....saw all the clues on the other threads (maybe I am having a brain freeze)....any hints?

 
At 6/01/2006 2:03 PM, Blogger hmikki said...

never mind...now, I am at the "German name" puzzle....

 
At 6/01/2006 2:04 PM, Blogger hmikki said...

thanks Zach...for the longest time, I was reading the import as importANT....once I saw that it was import, it was easy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home