Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Amazing Web Race

There are a number of web based quests / riddles / puzzles floating around the Internet. Some of them are better than others. The Amazing Web Race is a new challenge created by a couple of GF readers inspired by this blog and The Da Vinci Code Quest Challenge.

Here is some background information on the quest from the creators:

"In the Amazing Web Race, the user is cast into a original plot trying to keep up with a mysterious character who is leading them around the world. It is loosely based on the tv show Amazing Race, but that is more of an afterthough, and not inherent to the idea. We were inspired to create this race because we enjoyed the nature and thought behind the Google Da Vinci Quest, but were left unsatisfied and unchallenged. It is not the first web riddle, nor will it be the last. But it starts hard and doesn't let up. Only two people have finished the 10 levels that are currently live...but that's not the end."

I am personally going to attempt to complete the first 10 levels. I'll let you know how it goes and if you want to try it with me you can access the Amazing Web Race at http://riddle.nirajsanghvi.com/.

Get all of the MSN Conspiracy Game Answers here

10 Comments:

At 5/24/2006 9:32 PM, Blogger MRoninS said...

Oh wow this seems hard.. Ok I think I will bite the bait.

MR

 
At 5/24/2006 9:45 PM, Blogger G00GLEFACT said...

I'm with you. I've been looking at this first question for a while now.

The only thing I've found that doesn't seem to be of any consequence is the hidden span tag in the source that says "My friends call me Smitty."

I have no idea if these numbers are math or word related. I think at one hint per question might be helpful.

I've thought about this as a matrix of numbers, as vectors, as a reference to words and character positions, as some sort of simple addition / subtraction formula, and after I got tired of all that I started guessing random well known countries just for the heck of it.

I'm to proud to ask for a hint from smittyriddle@gmail.com, so it looks like I'm already stuck.

 
At 5/24/2006 10:42 PM, Blogger MRoninS said...

Well I tried morse code -thanks to my fiance- because of the "tapping" reference. Still I cannot figure out which morse code to reference. It has to be morse code.

MR
we also found the smitty reference..

 
At 5/24/2006 11:00 PM, Blogger MRoninS said...

Also maybe graphing quardinents which I have no clue about..
MR

 
At 5/25/2006 9:02 AM, Blogger G00GLEFACT said...

Legal,
Yes this challenge is fun and makes you think / work for the answers.

After solving the first level, I still think that there needs to be some sort of clue as to what the questions are.

One of my first thoughts on was a simple cipher (you'll note in my comment I reference this as words and character positions), but I stopped short of finding the solution because I wasn't sure if I was tracking.

It wasn't until Bowen confirmed my suspician that each cordinate represented a number value that I went back to the cipher thought and found the solution

 
At 5/25/2006 9:24 AM, Blogger G00GLEFACT said...

Ignore everything I said about hints. I solved the second riddle in < 20 seconds because of the hint.

I guess it is more rewarding when you have to struggle for the solution.

Just a thought, I am going to add a blog post about the first riddle

 
At 5/25/2006 9:34 AM, Blogger MRoninS said...

I completely gave up on that first one heh.. I tend to ONLY enjoy riddles when they are fun. I stop having fun when it is completely beyond me. Beyond me is often related to anything that has to do with numbers. For me, a riddle is a challenge. When it is impossible for me, it is no longer a challenge.

MR

 
At 5/25/2006 10:17 AM, Blogger ThereIN said...

where do submit the answer??

 
At 5/25/2006 10:21 AM, Blogger meg said...

change the "one" in the url to you answer so you'll have:

http://riddle.nirajsanghvi.com/cityname

 
At 5/25/2006 11:39 AM, Blogger ThereIN said...

thanks meg!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home