Friday, May 19, 2006

Vote for Rex / Solve the Restoration Puzzle

Hey everyone, I'll try to make this the last time I blatently spam link my own blog. Please vote 10 for Rex at http://www.1800petmeds.com/petcontest/vote/6006037436590614018

It will only take a moment to click on the link and vote for my dog rex, but if I win the contest it would be a huge benefit to me. Less than 10% of you have supported me in this endevour as of this moment and I will need full support in order to win. The contest winners are by the number of votes first and rating second. So while rex has a very high rating, he doesn't have enough votes yet (shy by about 6,000). Thanks to all of you who have already supported this blog by voting for Rex. Together you can make this happen for me, and for that I am grateful.

Hope everything is going well for the finalists. I am still waiting on H-sizzle's screenshots which should be coming in soon. For now that we have a great update for the restoration (splotches) puzzle, this alone may bring a grand champion from the GoogleFact blog. Much thanks goes to Nick (stonefry) for unselfishly sharing this image with the GoogleFact community.


Again, please vote 10 for Rex at http://www.1800petmeds.com/petcontest/vote/6006037436590614018 and thank Nick for taking the time to compile that image.

Get all of the MSN Conspiracy Game Answers here

8 Comments:

At 5/19/2006 6:08 PM, Blogger Jordan Dorough said...

This solution is great, but has anyone noticed that it doesn't match the picture that we have in the previous post? I was really excited when we got this pic, and I was all ready to memorize the pattern...I'm so glad that I noticed this before I went into the final round.

 
At 5/19/2006 6:46 PM, Blogger EthidiumBromide said...

Finished in 5min, 12 sec... not sure what the point was though, like previously pointed out, I could never afford to pay all the taxes as a poor biomedical PhD student!
Best of luck to everyone else.

 
At 5/19/2006 7:25 PM, Blogger Mr. Met said...

Hmmm... about the diagram... in the 2nd row once you merge 6 and 6 there ain't no 19 anymore to merge with the 19 at the upper left.

 
At 5/19/2006 7:42 PM, Blogger meg said...

the 19 comes from the 11 move.

 
At 5/19/2006 7:47 PM, Blogger becca said...

mr. met - I just traced through the whole restoration puzzle and the solution works

I admit I'm really disappointed by this though. Since everybody gets the same puzzle (so it seems), it should have been the fastest person to finish once the puzzle went live.

 
At 5/19/2006 8:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Met said...

Ah, yes, I see that now. Doh.

I'm starting to see posts around the net that say some of the puzzle layouts are different. Maybe only if you click "reset", not sure.

I wrote a program last week to solve the restoration challenge puzzles but I think it's fool's gold to tell you the truth. It uses a special hex grid with numbered cells. You have to take a screen cap and then overlay the grid on top of it with Photoshop or the like. Then you have to enter the coordinates of the splotch cells into a text file. The solver program reads those in and figures out the sequence of moves to follow. It works great but it's a slow process. Too slow if time is of the essence.

The worst part is the old puzzles are gone so you can't practice.

 
At 5/19/2006 8:28 PM, Blogger Mr. Met said...

I want to chime in with nj gal. Too bad it took me until today to find this particular blog. I've been visiting several other blogs and DVC quest sites over the last couple of weeks and they're lame compared to here. This is one that I won't purge from my bookmarks next week. I voted for your doggie too.

 
At 5/19/2006 11:16 PM, Blogger G00GLEFACT said...

Can you not post profanity on this blog. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home