Saturday, June 03, 2006

Wei-Hwa's Puzzle Challenges Part 2

Man, somebody needs to send me an email when he randomly decides to release these puzzles. Here the second challenge has been out for a day already and I haven't had the opportunity to even look at it. I guess I didn't do much Googling today.

Anyways, I'll get to it in a little while here and let you know what I find. From a first glance it looks like a tough one.

June 2nd, 2006: If a tree falls in the woods because of a wound, then what little object will not hear the sound? Answer: a deaf leaf.

A Why Me Rhyme is a pair of words that look like they should rhyme (after all, only their first letter is different), but don't really. For example, depending on the colorist, Etrigan could be considered a lemon demon. See if you can figure out these twelve Why Me Rhymes from their descriptions:

I debated about posting the solutions in the blog content. I was going to wait until the next challenge is released before I provided the answers but now I'm not. For now I am going to post the solutions to these puzzles. If I get enough feedback telling me to just post hints and tips then I will revert back, otherwise solutions it is. So here they are.

What is heard when your little girl is having fun DAUGHTER LAUGHTER
A disgustingly dirty sticker FECAL DECAL
A siesta for weirdos FREAK BREAK
A friendly rejection GENIAL DENIAL
Lists of all sorts of animals to be eaten GENUS MENUS
An unrefined crucifix GROSS CROSS
A type of bar bet, maybe? LAGER WAGER
Makes a news agency irrelevant NEUTERS REUTERS
Stamps that someone refuses to return POSTAGE HOSTAGE
Makes contact with feminine hygiene products TOUCHES DOUCHES
A price reduction given only to certain noblemen VISCOUNT DISCOUNT
Newer style of patio furniture YOUNGER LOUNGER

How do I know these are right? I cheated, I looked in the source code for the answers. O.K. So this does take the fun out of doing the puzzles. But, I am here to provide you with the answers when you get stuck right? Cheers!

Get all of the MSN Conspiracy Game Answers here

14 Comments:

At 6/03/2006 7:32 PM, Blogger Sherry said...

Just add his puzzle to your google contents

 
At 6/03/2006 8:56 PM, Blogger Bear said...

Makes contact with feminine hygiene products = touches douches

 
At 6/03/2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Bear said...

I thought dirty sticker might be nast pasty, but it says no :(

 
At 6/03/2006 9:51 PM, Blogger Bear said...

siesta for wierdos = freak break

 
At 6/04/2006 9:06 AM, Blogger meg said...

disgustingly dirty sticker: fecal decal

 
At 6/04/2006 9:22 AM, Blogger meg said...

newer style of patio furniture: younger lounger

 
At 6/04/2006 9:30 AM, Blogger meg said...

Makes a news agency irrelevant: neuters Reuters

 
At 6/04/2006 9:31 AM, Blogger meg said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6/04/2006 9:32 AM, Blogger meg said...

lists of all sorts of animals to be eaten: genus menus

 
At 6/04/2006 11:24 AM, Blogger Abdelhalim said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6/04/2006 11:27 AM, Blogger Abdelhalim said...

solutions:
http://blog.simpleio.net

 
At 6/05/2006 7:38 AM, Blogger Sarah Duncan said...

Am I the only one that thinks these puzzles are annoying? Geesh, I much preferred the DaVinci Challenge format.

 
At 6/05/2006 8:44 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Some of these are really lame. Fecal/decal, for example. Fecal means of or relating to feces. It is NEVER used as a synonym for dirty. I also agree with bzmingus that nasty/pasty should work for this one. "Siesta for weirdos" implies the answer contains a plural noun, so freak/break doesn't fit. Finally younger/lounger for "newer style of patio furniture" defies convention. "Younger" means more young and is not a synonym for "newer style."

 
At 6/05/2006 10:58 AM, Blogger Niraj said...

Sarah, these puzzles are only temporary until they get the new interface setup. The said in the first one that until then they would provide some "classic" puzzles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home