Friday, June 02, 2006

The MSN Conspiracy Game

Now that I have successfully completed the first 10 levels of the AWR, I decided to look into The MSN Conspiracy Game (MSNCG) presented by Microsoft. In this post I'm not going to bore you with the rules or get you excited about the prizes, but I do want to talk about the first puzzle and the promotion of Windows Live Search. I decided to finally register a new gmail account that was more general and so you can now email at gfacts@gmail.com. For the MSNCG I am only going to give out hints / partial solutions. I will give the solutions to any who wants them via email, but you are welcome to post them in the comments or in the forum if you so choose.

First, I am extreamly excited about these puzzles. I think the quality of the flash development and general concept surpasses both The Google Da Vinci Code Quest and The Eurostar Quest. My only gripe is with the implementation of the Windows Live Search feature. So I just ignore it, open up a new browser, and fire up Google.

Be forewarned, the whole Guy Fawkes conspiracy is quite intriguing so you may get distracted reading wikipedia for a quick English history lesson if you aren't careful. This screen shot should help a little if you are confused on the first challenge.


"Remember, remember, the 5th of November
The Gunpowder Treason and plot;
I know of no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot. "

Alright, now my question is this. Why is it that some of the biggest search engines still have not learned that search is all about ranking results. It doesn't matter how many times you redesign the appearence of the search/results page, if you don't have a good ranking system, people are going to use your search engine. Yes, Microsoft and ASK, I'm talking to you. Improve your search results, and you won't have to spend so much money marketing your search engine.

Cheers!

Get all of the MSN Conspiracy Game Answers here

8 Comments:

At 6/04/2006 12:11 PM, Blogger meg said...

lincoln is the other hint that you're given, it's the county of sundown

 
At 6/14/2006 10:42 AM, Blogger G00GLEFACT said...

Solutions will be continued on www.steeplemedia.com

 
At 6/28/2006 5:46 PM, Blogger Marvin said...

HI everyone. I just wanted to say that I finished all the nine puzzles of the game and I feel really dissapointed. I ended up (as many of you I suspect)not browsing the internet for clues but the blogs and forums to go on with the puzzles! The majority of those were not giving helpful hints and were rather annoying (Especially the last one was really upseting:eg: how many of you understood which number to choose on the pie diagram, or what's the answer to the question given, or even worse-and outrageous-the connection between the three rhymes?) I will not recommend this game to anyone as for me it was a bad attempt to imitate the (brilliant in my opinion) Eurostar DaVinci Code quiz, and also the whole thing is about promoting the new generation of MIcrosoft products,like windows Live (really bad with the maps, don't you think?)

 
At 5/24/2007 5:17 PM, Blogger gorgeousgirl said...

Hi I am sort of stuck on the 3rd puzzle. There is no dialogue box where I can type my answer and Anna keeps saying" I see! We aew looking for the location of L M but we don't have enough clues. Could there be a hidden clue somewhere?". I tried searching the web using all the key words but nothing happens!!! What do I do??

 
At 8/21/2008 2:48 PM, Blogger phil said...

khusboo turn off the lamp and go back to the puzzle. use the uv light to reveal a map of london. i still can't find the london mounment.

 
At 12/16/2008 1:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i need help on puzzle 3

 
At 12/16/2008 1:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12/16/2008 1:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i need help on 3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home