Saturday, May 06, 2006

The Da Vinci Code - Quest Solution (20 of 24)

I hope everybody is alive and well after Cinco de Mayo. It has been extreamly busy and I haven't been able to put enough time into the last few posts. I am hoping that I will be able to conclude these final posts with as much vigor and energy as I had when this all started 20 days ago.

Thanks goes to all of you who have participated in the fun by sharing your comments and solutions throughout the challenges. We are getting closer as there only 4 more puzzles left after today. I am going to make some comments about the final days of this challenge that I think everyone will be interested to read, so visit again tomorrow to see how we are going to conclude these 24 days together.

The trick to today's restoration challenge is to work from the inside out leaving a few of the outer pieces to save you at the end since they are all clumped in the middle.

My question after I restored the painting was:

"Leonardo da Vinci's painting of The Adoration of the Magi hangs in the Royal Uffizi Gallery in Florence.What is the catalogue number in the 1890 catalogue of the museum?" 1252. The exact link for my answer was on this page. In general, you can try this link from zGerman (see comments) to find your answer.

Post your solution to the 20th challenge in the comments below this post.

If you are looking for more information on the Da Vinci Code Quest Challenge visit Google's Official Blog for more details.

Get all of the MSN Conspiracy Game Answers here

9 Comments:

At 5/06/2006 10:11 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Done!

My question was
Which painting in the Royal Uffizi Gallery in Florence is a diminutive copy of the celebrated one by Leonardo da Vinci?

Answer:
The Holy Virgin and St. Anna

 
At 5/06/2006 11:30 AM, Blogger berkelep said...

q: who painted the woman playing a lute on display at the royal uffizi gallery, florence.

a: bega

more info here

or here

 
At 5/06/2006 11:43 AM, Blogger Artemiy said...

I have the hardest question so far - it isn't mentioned anywhere, what colors did Leonardo use for Adoration of Magi sketch?

 
At 5/06/2006 11:48 AM, Blogger Artemiy said...

Well, UI know the answer, but not it's correct form and google books, when I've found what I need, said the page is restricted and didn't let me in, saying that there are no results... So - I'm out I guess, until someone piosts answer to this question...

 
At 5/06/2006 12:02 PM, Blogger spiralheart said...

Q: According to the 'Numismatic Chronicle' under whose reign were the fleur de lis groats of stirling struck?

A: James II

 
At 5/06/2006 12:03 PM, Blogger spiralheart said...

Q: According to the 'Numismatic Chronicle' under whose reign were the fleur de lis groats of stirling struck?

A: James II

 
At 5/07/2006 9:54 AM, Blogger G00GLEFACT said...

dreadnoght,

Try hoc opvs dei

Regards,

 
At 5/08/2006 12:48 AM, Blogger Loughlan said...

Hellyahhhhhhh... Thanks. That merge the mud puzzle took me days.

 
At 5/08/2006 6:05 PM, Blogger Nikon said...

On all of the restoration puzzles, I get to the dialog box saying "I have restored the work of art" ( words to that effect) - but the dialog box just stays there - this takes DAYS!I load a new puzzle & it happens all over again. I never get the mystery question right away - am I the only one? Any idea how to solve the problem?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home