Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Da Vinci Code - Quest Solution (13 of 24)

The symbol challenge did not increase in difficulty today as suspected. I was able to solve the puzzle with no mistakes. I hope the same was true for you.

Lets see how many differant screenshots we can collect today of solved puzzles. Before you place your last piece into the puzzle take a print screen of your puzzle and post a link to the image in the comments. If you need me to host the image file, just send it to me in an email davincicodequest@gmail.com. Here is mine.



My question was, "Translate aringhe from Italian to English." The answer was herrings.

I finished 2nd today after David. Congrats David, and send me a link if you want me to include one in this post. Look forward to seeing you all again for tomorrow's challenge. What are we all going to do when we don't have these puzzles to put together everyday?

-----

Today we will complete the 13th challenge, the 3rd symbol challenge, and the 1st challenge in the 3rd level of difficulty. I am still challenging everyone to see who can come up with the answer the quickest today. For the Grand Prize of today's competition, I will add a link to your website (or a website of your choosing) in my post. I know that is a weak Grand Prize but hey it is just for fun anyways right.

Also, I have a bonus question to answer. What do the numbers that are in bold (above) have in common? (Hint: related to the Da Vinci Code).

Good Luck Everyone!

If you are looking for more information on the Da Vinci Code Quest Challenge visit Google's Official Blog for more details.

Get all of the MSN Conspiracy Game Answers here

20 Comments:

At 4/29/2006 10:09 AM, Blogger David said...

I had translate volo (in Italian) to English.

Answer is flight

 
At 4/29/2006 10:21 AM, Blogger G00GLEFACT said...

Isuro,
That is in fact a true statement. There is another solution I was thinking of as well. (Think sequence)

 
At 4/29/2006 10:36 AM, Blogger coach anne said...

I had translate palissandro from Italian to English.

Answer: rosewood

 
At 4/29/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger G00GLEFACT said...

Correct!! Those numbers are all a part of the fibonnaci sequence.

 
At 4/29/2006 10:40 AM, Blogger Yan Lyesin said...

I was asked to translate "disegno" from italian which is "design".

 
At 4/29/2006 10:40 AM, Blogger G00GLEFACT said...

For those who emailed needing help with translation check Google's translating tool at http://www.google.com/translate_t

 
At 4/29/2006 11:03 AM, Blogger Garth Tingey said...

I had to translate arachide from Italian.

The answer is peanut

 
At 4/29/2006 11:05 AM, Blogger Artemiy said...

"quale" - was my question. Answer was: "which". A bit differrent puzzle also:

xzzzz
xxaza
sxaaa
sxddd
sssdd

different letters for different fields. Sorry, didn't take a screenshot...

Well... that was 2 minutes :)

 
At 4/29/2006 11:08 AM, Blogger Artemiy said...

And... GF, what numbers? I didn't see any numbers in the riddle...

 
At 4/29/2006 11:16 AM, Blogger Artemiy said...

Btw, I have a new quest on 9:00 PM, so it's very comfortable for me :) (living in Moscow, that is)

 
At 4/29/2006 1:06 PM, Blogger Jay said...

My question was translate Peuplier from french.

Answer was Poplar

 
At 4/29/2006 6:25 PM, Blogger G00GLEFACT said...

Artemiy,
The bolded numbers were a riddle I gave in my post today.

 
At 4/29/2006 6:34 PM, Blogger G00GLEFACT said...

Helene,

Great point. SMS is a neat service from Google. Check out this pagescraping I did to allow easy search for Google SMS.

http://www.googlefact.com/examples/sms.html

Type the following into the search box:
t cavaliere Italian to English

 
At 4/29/2006 9:52 PM, Blogger 探索家 said...

My question was translate "aceto" in italian to english.

Answer: vinegar

 
At 4/30/2006 1:14 AM, Blogger Sherry said...

lumiere is light in french

 
At 4/30/2006 6:10 AM, Blogger Artemiy said...

Well, it's 4 hours till the new riddle. I think I'll be last to solve tho :( I won't get home till 10 PM (I get the quest on 9 PM here)

 
At 4/30/2006 6:24 AM, Blogger Artemiy said...

Am I the only one, whose Google Personal Page (where the code game is) isn't working?

 
At 4/30/2006 10:40 AM, Blogger nilsmo said...

simbolo from Italian.... Wow, that was easy.

 
At 4/30/2006 2:19 PM, Blogger Lightning Crashes said...

Piramide(Italian)- Pyramid(English)

 
At 5/01/2006 1:58 PM, Blogger Rob said...

good lord.. mine was translate 'wrztizn' in Atbash. which means 'diagram' in English.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home