Monday, May 01, 2006

The Da Vinci Code - Quest Solution (15 of 24)

Another easy challenge from Google and Sony. For those of you wondering, yes I did finish some time ago, but blogger wouldn't let me upload an image right (among other problems I have been having with blogger). For some reason, especially around 1 PM, I have a lot of trouble making blogger work for me. So I just went ahead and hosted the image off of my webserver, what a pain.


Well I thought Google was going to make these challenges more difficult but apparently I was wrong. So, to make up for the lack of difficulty, I have another fun, but more difficult, challenge for everyone. First let me post my solution for today's puzzle.


My question after I created my masterpiece was, "Translate light to french". I used http://www.googlefact.com/examples/sms.html and typed in the search box "translate light from english to french" to get 'light' in English means 'lumiere' in French.

My side challenge that I mentioned above is the following. Back in March Google acquired Last Software and their flagship product SketchUp. SketchUp is a neat little 3D modeling tool that is very powerful, yet very simple to use. Google recently made a free version available to the general public (see this post for more details). My challenge is to see who can create the best 3D model of their current living quarters using SketchUp. So get your creative juices flowing, download this free software from Google (you won't regret it), and let's see some 3D buildings.

I will create a new post over the next few days where you can leave a link to your image. Or if you email them to davincicodequest@gmail.com I will host them for you (don't worry I won't give away any of your personal information or post your email address).


-----

Submit your solution for puzzle 15 in the comments to this post. I look forward to seeing who can solve this challenge the fastest. I also have another side challenge coming up for all of you today or tomorrow, so keep an eye out for that.

If you are looking for more information on the Da Vinci Code Quest Challenge visit Google's Official Blog for more details.

Get all of the MSN Conspiracy Game Answers here

16 Comments:

At 5/01/2006 10:06 AM, Blogger Artemiy said...

Damn, I'm unlucky... problems with page loading again :(

 
At 5/01/2006 10:21 AM, Blogger HumboldtDave said...

try http://www.wordreference.com/ ...the game will give everyone a different word to translate, any one of 'em can be done so here.

 
At 5/01/2006 10:41 AM, Blogger Epsi said...

this was an easy one -

 
At 5/01/2006 11:16 AM, Blogger Jim Guckin said...

Q:Translate wisdom to French

A:sagesse

 
At 5/01/2006 11:27 AM, Blogger Monks said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5/01/2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Yan Lyesin said...

rosewood in English=Palissandro in Italian

 
At 5/01/2006 11:32 AM, Blogger Monks said...

Here is the picture uploaded at
http://mayank.gupta.googlepages.com/
DaVince_puz15.JPG
(I had to break it in two part since blogger
was not showing complete link:()
The question was translate number to French,
Ans: nomber
monks

 
At 5/01/2006 11:33 AM, Blogger Artemiy said...

poplar -> pioppo (eng->it)
Got my page working only now...

 
At 5/01/2006 11:49 AM, Blogger Cuth said...

Translate 'rosewood' to french... bois de rose (used babel fish)

 
At 5/01/2006 12:09 PM, Blogger Garth Tingey said...

Translate blood to french:
sang

 
At 5/01/2006 12:10 PM, Blogger Sherry said...

I had a different puzzle layout. Also, knight is cavaliere

 
At 5/01/2006 1:11 PM, Blogger Don Wilson said...

knight to italian: cavaliere

Puzzle looked different than main poster's puzzle as well.

 
At 5/01/2006 1:39 PM, Blogger temporarily insane said...

i got the "keystone" translation for the second quest, but everywhere i go the translation is "chiave di volta" but6 it just wont accept it.

wierd

 
At 5/01/2006 1:48 PM, Blogger G00GLEFACT said...

temporarily insane,

You are one of several to get this question. I have suggested because of how simple the puzzles are, to simply request a new puzzle. I am sure there is a solution to this riddle, but it is not the obvious one. I will continue to look for a solution and post one if I find it.

 
At 5/02/2006 8:26 AM, Blogger Artemiy said...

Yep. Pity the video isn't out yet.

 
At 5/02/2006 8:38 AM, Blogger Artemiy said...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2860239944895566868&q=da+vinci&pl=true

Funny vid :) parody trailer of Da Vinci Code. Could have been better, tho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home