Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Da Vinci Code - Quest Solution (11 of 24)

Here we go again, 11 down 13 to go. Today's challenge, my favorite type, the chess challenge, was a bit knotty today, just kidding. Google Common!! People are going to stop visiting my blog for solutions if you make the questions so dang simple!! And then I won't have raised any money for my college tuition!! What is that about?

Chess is the greatest board game on earth, well after shoots and ladders, oh and Candy Land. So practice up on your chess with this challenge since the questions were so retardedly simple. It took me longer to type this up (way longer) than to answer those questions.


If you still need the answers, I won't let you down.

"A word that can be read the same backwards and forwards is called?" A palindrome

"Jacques Sauniere's body was found in which part of the Louvre? The Denon Wing

"The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog is an example of" A pangram

I wonder how many of Google's PhD's it took to come up with these questions? Maybe that will be tomorrows question. My answer would be zero for that question. These questions were probably created by 10 of Sony's smartest executives. Way to go guys!! Just Joking again...

If you are looking for more information on the Da Vinci Code Quest Challenge visit Google's Official Blog for more details.

Get all of the MSN Conspiracy Game Answers here

4 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 10:24 AM, Blogger G00GLEFACT said...

All,
For you smarty pants out there who are trying to race me to the punch, I am going to put an empty template out here before the puzzle launches that way you can leave a comment when you get the answer quicker than I do (not going to happen). Plus my grammer, spelling, and general quality of the posts are diminishing since I have to make sure I get the solution out there quickly. For those of you who were worried that I was struggling on this one, rest assured I had the answer 10 seconds after 1. Hope this helps you enjoy the blog and the game a little bit more.

 
At 4/27/2006 11:23 AM, Blogger Lasloo said...

I'm not sure if people know this and/or if its been posted before.
But for each of the 24 challenges, there are a large number (like 100s) of puzzles associated with that challenge.
For instance, your chess board was different from mine. And your curator pictures were different from mine. You can actually go back to the quest, and click on one of the finished challenges and play a different puzzle. So, in reality you have a good 100 or so puzzles you COULD try to solve each day. Of course, you only need to solve one to have it count.

It seems that there are 6 types of challenges and 4 difficulty levels for each challenge. There are at least 100 or so actual puzzles per type and difficulty level ( I think the Google blog said there are a total of 12538 actual puzzles ). And thus, since we're still only in the 2nd difficulty level... of course, its still not that incredibly hard. I predict when we start the 3rd column of 6 challenges, it will be a lot harder. And of course, the 4th should be the hardest.

 
At 4/27/2006 5:25 PM, Blogger Pete said...

Huh, my chess puzzle today was much more difficult than last week's. It took me a good five minutes or so to solve. White's pieces: Knight a4, knight c5, king c6, bishop d2. Black's pieces: King d4, pawn d5, rook c3, bishop e5. White mates in 3, white moves first.

 
At 4/28/2006 5:39 AM, Blogger G00GLEFACT said...

carimackwood,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately somebody has already come up with the solution. see http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/28/books/28code.ready.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

I'll make a post about it though anyways. Thanks for your comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home