Sunday, April 16, 2006

Linux (I know it's not Google)

Every once it a while it is necessary to go off topic, and this is one of those times. Why? I am so glad you asked.

Because, there is no greater feeling than the one you get when you finally discover the workaround for an irritating bug in mysql-administrator on that one obscure webpage at 5:00 in the morning and spend another half hour repackaging the software for Ubuntu Linux so it works correctly out of the box. It's just really super fantabulous. Seriously. Nothing like it.

export DEBUG_DONT_SPAWN_FETCHES=1

Now why didn't I think of that? Why even bother repackaging it you ask? Because I can and because I am just cool that way. Incidently, this workaround allows you to use "User Administration" without mysql-administrator freezing up.

Get all of the MSN Conspiracy Game Answers here

2 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your a good bloger. Oh yeah. I tried getting on google fact today, but aparently *is that how you spell it?* the server was down. anyway i'll talk to you later.

 
At 4/20/2006 2:52 PM, Blogger G00GLEFACT said...

Matthew,
Thanks for the comment. Apparently is how you spell it, and yes you are correct, my server is down and will be until Saturday, sorry mate. Thanks for reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home