Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Google Analytics - Incredible and Free

Google Analytics has to be the most useful tool Google has offered to date, other than search of course. I waited 3 months for my invitation to finaly arrive in my inbox, but I would have waited 3 years to be able to use this great web utility free of charge. Analytics currently provides a comprehensive analysis of web traffic for up to 5 differant web sites. The free service is intended to give web site owners a taste of the functionality available in its pay for software product, Urchin. Analytics tells me who is visting my site, when they visited, where they came from, how long they stayed and a host of other statiscal data from my website (or blog).

Much of the data is also available in the form of flash based charts and graphs. These animated charts make analyzing data easy and user friendly. The data can also be exported to text, xml, and excel. I provided a partial screenshot of my homepage screen below. If you have a personal website or blog, you want Analytics. If you own a company that generates revenue from web traffic or advertising, you need Analytics.



Changing subjects, I was curious as to whether Google Base was worth a dime, or if it was just the newest playground for spammers. Analytics allowed me to determine that Google Base is a valuable place to publish content. You can see on the chart below that 50% of my visits have been from Google Base. Additionaly, after I added an entry into Base my blog was picked up by Google's search index and I started recieving hits directly from Google.com. Consequently, I'll be making a post in the next few weeks to discuss the benefits of publishing content on Google Base.

Get all of the MSN Conspiracy Game Answers here

3 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mention that a company needs Google Analytics if they generate revenue from Ads, well now Google has made this even easier with Google Analytics.

>> From Googles Site <<

Link your AdWords account to your
Google Analytics account.
Once you've linked your Google Analytics account to your AdWords account, you'll begin to see your spending for each keyword, as well as other cost metrics, appear in your Google Analytics reports. By linking the accounts, you've basically allowed yourself to compare your keyword spending with what happens after visitors click on your AdWords ads. Behind the scenes, Google Analytics starts importing the clickthrough and spending data from your AdWords account while tracking all the associated visitor activity

http://www.google.com/analytics/cu/dt_adwords_roi.html

 
At 5/18/2006 5:41 PM, Blogger MRoninS said...

Very cool! Now all I need is one of those invitation codes...hmmmmm

Thank you so much sweetie for providing the information. I certainly want the tool. It sort of scares me, it's the whole Orwellian nightmare factor..

toots
MR

 
At 5/18/2006 5:45 PM, Blogger MRoninS said...

One more question..
I installed mozilla google space creator for downloading files to google, creating a virtual hard drive but I immediately deleted it because it shut down my google account, aparently google thought I was trying to spam my own email box .. (cries).. soo do you know of such a tool that google authorizes?

Also do people post google adwords/adsense/adsearch/content links,on myspace pages?

Thank you
Perhaps you should create a message board help group..?

MR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home