Friday, April 14, 2006

Gmap Reverse Phone Lookup

I don't quite understand why Google hasn't incorporated reverse phone lookup in their maps via local.google.com or maps.google.com or whatever they want to call it. In any case they have all of the tools necessary to achieve such a simple task. If you didn't know, you can already search google.com for a phone number and retrieve a residential or business listing. See this search as an example.

With the new version of the Google Maps API coming about I am hoping maybe they will revist this idea and try incorporating a phone search into the lookup. It seems like a convenient feature for two reasons. First, it is just plain easier to type in 10 digits than to type in a complete address. Second, I can easily remember my friends phone numbers, but I have a lot more trouble trying to remember their addresses.

I created a little demo for personal and education use, but it also shows how this might work if it Google did incorporate a phone lookup into Maps. You can visit the demo here - http://www.googlefact.com/maps/PhoneMap.php

As a side note, I used the code I already had from my sms post to do the reverse phone lookup.

Get all of the MSN Conspiracy Game Answers here

1 Comments:

At 6/05/2012 10:28 PM, Blogger khariel☎ said...

Simply you can use a "reverse phone number lookup" service to find out those details. This can obviously be very useful in situations where you have lost contact with someone but still have a record of their phone number, or simply wish to verify who owns the number before mistakenly phoning the wrong number. There are many places you can perform such residential and business phone lookups online for free, including toll-free numbers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home